Thursday, August 28, 2014

"It's Over We Won!" Artie T. Buys Market Basket!

KidFrank.com                  
By: George Leavitt
I could give you my opinion on the end of the Market Basket nightmare, but I think I will leave it up to one of the people from the front lines. Lisa Adams of Salem, NH fought this fight every day, sticking her neck out. Along with her husband Lee, a Market Basket vendor the family was severely affected  by these events. I'll be honest I shed a tear of happiness when I received this text, not just for Lisa and Lee but for the workers of New England. You may not know it but this is one of the biggest worker actions in U.S. history.With the utmost enjoyment I can say,
The Basket's back baby!
""On a personal human side on June 23 three people were fired. 7 resigned the next day. But they didn't turn their backs on us. When the protests started 8 top executives got fired they DIDNT walk away. They started it and they saw it through. Once this started EVERYONE stuck together as a family. Arthur T Demoulas did NOT have to buy the company. He could have walked away and just lived with his 49.5%. But he and his mother and sisters LOVE this company and the associates and customers. Everyone from CEO down to janitors stood side by side and we stood firm and by God we won!!
-Lisa Adams


No comments:

Post a Comment