Saturday, March 10, 2012

"From the Mississippi, down to the east coast" RIP

Christopher Wallace AKA Big Poppa, BIG, Notorious BIG, died 15 years ago yesterday. hard to believe it has been that long.

 As a white boy growing up in the suburbs of Boston. I was the furthest thing from a gangsta, yet I thought I was. Doing things we weren't supposed to do. I think that was why any body could identify with "Big Poppa" as he wasn't a gangsta either. He was an overweight guy from "Do or die,Bed-Stuy" who just started rappin' and all of a sudden he was a gangsta too.
 I think back to the time when I was in my late teens early twenties trying to meet girls, partying with my friends. I was living the dream. I listen to his music to this day and it still brings me back to the days of my youth in the clubs, learning how to talk to people and trying not to be different. Because god forbid you didn't want to be different. One thing I always liked about Biggie although he did rap about a lot of negative things he always mixed some positive in there. If you can get a positive out of anywhere you take it.If I am celebrating an accomplishment or remembering what I came from and what I have made of my life I always love me a little "Juicy" in the back ground. And as you can see I am still pretty white.

 RIP Poppa, God Bless!

1 comment: