Thursday, August 28, 2014

Artie T. is Back! (CAKE)

KidFrank.com                  

"It's Over We Won!" Artie T. Buys Market Basket!

KidFrank.com                  
By: George Leavitt
I could give you my opinion on the end of the Market Basket nightmare, but I think I will leave it up to one of the people from the front lines. Lisa Adams of Salem, NH fought this fight every day, sticking her neck out. Along with her husband Lee, a Market Basket vendor the family was severely affected  by these events. I'll be honest I shed a tear of happiness when I received this text, not just for Lisa and Lee but for the workers of New England. You may not know it but this is one of the biggest worker actions in U.S. history.With the utmost enjoyment I can say,
The Basket's back baby!
""On a personal human side on June 23 three people were fired. 7 resigned the next day. But they didn't turn their backs on us. When the protests started 8 top executives got fired they DIDNT walk away. They started it and they saw it through. Once this started EVERYONE stuck together as a family. Arthur T Demoulas did NOT have to buy the company. He could have walked away and just lived with his 49.5%. But he and his mother and sisters LOVE this company and the associates and customers. Everyone from CEO down to janitors stood side by side and we stood firm and by God we won!!
-Lisa Adams


Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Report: Market Basket "Contingency Plan" Could Close 61 of 71 Stores

KidFrank.com                  
"A plan in place if no deal is reached to end the six-week-long Market Basket standoff would close 61 of the chain's 71 stores. A board meeting scheduled for 6 p.m. Tuesday didn't happen because shareholders aren't on the same page, a source told NewsCenter 5. According to a Boston Globe report, "a contingency plan prepared for the board... would close 61 of the 71 stores... and terminate nearly all employees." Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas has reportedly made a $1.5 billion offer to buy out the part of the company controlled by his rival cousin, Arthur S. Demoulas, and his allies on the board. Stores are empty, sales are down 95 percent and the grocery chain is losing money. Despite repeated reports that both sides of the Demoulas family are close to a deal to sell the chain to Arthur T. Demoulas, no such sale has been announced" ...To continue reading on WCVB.com click here

*All quoted text from WCVB.com

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Raw: Building Collapses After Gaza Airstrike

KidFrank.com                  

SpaceX Falcon 9-R Dev1 Explosion 8/22/14

KidFrank.com                  

Details on Artie T.'s Final Bid for Market Basket 8/23/14

KidFrank.com                  
"The Boston Globe has uncovered some of the details behind Arthur T. Demoulas’s final offer to buy Market Basket, which is expected to be discussed this weekend and could bring an end to the high-profile supermarket fight that has engulfed much of Eastern Massachusetts and New Hampshire this summer. According to the Globe, the bid is for $1.5 billion, with more than $500 million of that figure coming in the form of financing from an unnamed private equity firm. Previous discussions had centered on Arthur T.’s rivals, Arthur S. Demoulas and his family, providing a financing plan. neither side had seemed happy with the others’ proposed terms for that plan. Arthur T. and family own 49.5 percent of Market Basket and are seeking to buy out the remaining 50.5 percent from Arthur S. and his side. The bid for $1.5 billion would put the valuation at around $3 billion." ...To continue reading on Boston.com click here



  *All quoted text from Boston.com